“Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game” Babe Ruth.
Our office is uniquely qualified to non-surgically correct under or overbites. Many of my orthodontic contemporaries are ill-equipped to perform the orthopedic correction of an under/over bite.
Our office employs an orthopedic, painless approach to treating these skeletal imbalances. Patients have asked me why is it important to correct an overbite. The reasons are:
1. Correcting an overbite will improve patients airway, and either improve or prevent obstructive sleep apnea.
2. Overbite patients have a 100% chance of having TMJ dysfunction. Treating the overbite will prevent the possibility of having TMJ symptoms.
3. Correcting the overbite will enable the patient to have a normal physiologically acceptable bite.
4. Correcting the overbite will give them a more aesthetically pleasing profile.
5. Correcting the overbite will allow the patient to have a proper cervical posture.
6. Correcting the overbite will allow the patient to nasally respirate.
There are countless other reasons for a patient to correct their overbite, and our office is prepared to help you achieve that goal.
If you or someone you love is interested in correcting their under/overbite call our office for a complimentary evaluation.
Michael W. Dagostino, DDS.