Digital Radiology - Dr. Michael Dagostino, D.D.S.
Our office exclusively uses digital radiography for all of our dental x-rays.
The benefits of digital radiography include:
- Up to 90% less radiation exposure
- Clearer, enhance able images
- Quicker, 8 seconds to see the image
- Environmentally friendly, no processing solutions
- Easy storage, 1000’s of images on 1 DVD, or CD
- Easy transmission, x-rays can be sent via e-mail
- Less expensive than traditional film
- User friendly software
Basically, digital radiographs are generated by placing a tethered sensor
into the patients mouth. Connected to a computer, the sensor reads the
radiation and generates a readable image with a significantly less radiation
dose. Extra-oral radiographs (panorex, cephalometric, and tomographs ) are also
generated in a similar fashion, except the sensors are outside the mouth.
3 Dimensional CAT Scan (i-CAT)
On June 22, 2006 our office had a 3 dimensional CAT scan machine installed.
This state of the art x-ray machine has the ability to provide concise detailed
radiographs of the entire head. For more information about the i-CAT
our office web page.